We are happy to make all of our collections area accessible to the public.
All collections in the Adult Room and Children's Room are now open for patrons to browse. Open areas include:
- children's stacks
- adult fiction
- large print
- YA stacks
- Public Computers open for 45-min shifts. No appointment necessary. Only 3 computers available.
- chairs in tables area limited to 1 per table
Areas that are still closed include:
- Gallery seating area
- Meeting Rooms
How Contactless Pickup Works
**We will be terminating this service as of October 1. After that, we will resume our previous practice of placing holds on materials that are not in the library. Please come in and browse the shelves, choose your material and check out at the Circ Desk.**
Use our online catalog and place a hold on the items you want. When you click "place hold" in the catalog, you'll be prompted to log in. Log in with your library card barcode and PIN. Your PIN number is the last four digits of your library card. Holds are limited to a maximum of 3 per library card and will be filled in the order in which they were received. Wait times may be longer because of reduced area to house them as well as less time to process holds.
Don't have Internet? Call the library at (908) 665-0311 to place up to 3 holds over the phone. You'll need a New Providence card, or a card you've used here before that has not expired in our system (out of town cards expire 12 months after registration). New Providence residents may apply for a library card online.
When an item you've placed a hold on is ready to be picked up, you will receive an email notification or a phone call for that item.
You have three business days to pick up your item(s) from the library. After three days, the book will go back on the shelf, or to the next patron on hold for the item.
When You Go to Pick Up Your Materials
- Go through the door on the left side of the glass foyer. You will see a gray metal bookcase. Children's materials are in the green basket next to the bookcase.
- Look for the item or bag with your name on it. Items are in alphabetical order by last name.
- Take your item or bag and go. Your items will be checked out to you ahead of time. A receipt with the due date will be inside.
You may print to the library printer from any computer or device that is connected to the Internet. Limit of five black and white pages/day and one color page/day.
Pay for your prints at the front desk. Prints cost $0.20 per page for black and white and $0.50 per page for color.