You may request an interlibrary loan using JerseyCat. Be sure to type your library card barcode number in the appropriate field when placing your request.
You may also contact the library and ask us to place your interlibrary loan request.
Interlibrary loan is only available for:
- items published at least 6 months ago
- items not owned by the New Providence Memorial Library
- New Providence residents only
There is a limit of 3 interlibrary loans per resident, at any point in the ILL process. Interlibrary loans usually take 10 days to two weeks to arrive. You will be notified by e-mail when your loan arrives, or by phone if you do not have an e-mail address.
Borrowing at Other Libraries
You may use your New Providence library card in person at certain other libraries in New Jersey listed below.
- Take your library card and photo ID with you.
- Check the expiration date on your card. If expired, it must be renewed at NPML before visiting the other library.
- Pay NPML fines and return overdue books to NPML before visiting the other library.
- Borrowing restrictions may apply at the other library.
- Items borrowed at other libraries must be returned to that library, not NPML.
- Call ahead to see if they have the item you are interested in.
These libraries in Union County:
These libraries in Morris County & Somerset Counties:
These libraries in Middlesex & Monmouth Counties: